Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to East Central Railway: 10th January, 2019
Notification No.- RRC/ECR/HRD/Act.App./02/2018
EAST CENTRAL RAILWAY
Polson Complex, Dighaghat
ONLINE applications are invited from interested candidates for engagement of Act Apprentices for imparting training under the Apprentice Act 1961 in the designated trades a t Divisions/Uni ts in the jurisdiction of East Central Railway against 2234 slots. Applications complete in all respects should be submitted only ONLINE till 17:00 hrs of the closing date.
1. Candidates should note and take cognizance of the fact that this is a Centralised Notification for engagement of Act Apprentice under the Apprentices Ac t 1961 for East Cen tral Railway's Divisions/Uni ts. Railway Recruitment Cell, East Central Railway (RRC/ECR) has been nominated as nodal agency for obtaining ONLINE applications from candidates and preparation of their merit list. Candidates can submit their applications ON LINE only on RRC 's website:www.rrcecr.gov.in.
2. After preparation of merit list, the same will be advised to respective Divisions/Uni ts on East Central Railway. Document verification and medical examination will be held in op ted Divisions/Units, as per the choice of Division/Uni t as mentioned in the Candidate's application.
1.Name of the Post- Apprentice
No of post- 2234
- The candidates who want to avail the benefits of reservation of SC/ST, must produce his/her certificate on Central Government format issued by appropriate authority according to Annexure-1 at the time of document Verification. Similarly, the candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of OBC must produce Caste certificate and Non Creamy Layer Certificate issued on or after 1.4.2018 on Central Government format by appropriate authority as per sample Annexure-2 at the time of Document Verification.
- The candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of Ex-servicemen and Armed Forces Personnel, must produce Discharge certificate and in case of children of Ex servicemen and children of Armed Forces Personnel, they must produce “Discharge certificate” or “Armed Forces Serving Certificate” respectively (as the case may be) of his/her parents at the time of document verification.
About East Central Railway
The East Central Railway is one of the 17 railway zones in India. It is headquartered at Hajipur and comprises Sonpur, Samastipur, Danapur, Mughalsarai, and Dhanbad divisions. First set up on September 8, 1996 with Headquarters at Hajipur, Bihar, East Central Railway became operational on 1stOctober, 2002 by carving out areas from Eastern and North Eastern Railway zones currently consists of the divisions viz. Dhanbad, Danapur, Mughalsarai of Eastern Railway and Sonpur and Samastipur of North Eastern Railway. The last 13 years of its existence has been full of challenges and every obstacle was dealt in a dedicated manner despite constraints of work force and infrastructure. ECR, has a vast network of 5402.693 track kilometers and 3707.988 route kilometers encompassing the states of Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. Out of 3707.988 Route km, 1572.202 km have been electrified. ECR has been lifeline for the people in its expanse and is playing a pivotal role in rapid development of the area. The development of infrastructure has been the major thrust area to bring about a rapid growth rate in the region and prosperity to the people. In the field of construction of new lines, doubling, gauge conversion, construction of bridges/road-over bridges, new workshop projects, Other than this qualitative and perceptible improvement in safety, cleanliness, catering, passenger amenities have been achieved to a large extent. ECR is unique in the sense that both Goods loading and Passenger traffic assume great importance in view of the huge coal loading in the coal bearing of Dhanbad division of Jharkhand state and densely populated area of Bihar. The rapid growth in both the sectors has necessitated strengthening of infrastructure of Railways. Further ECR also has uniqueness of acting as a gateway to Nepal with International traffic catering to the movement of export traffic and passengers to Nepal and vice versa. With the objective of providing safe and efficient passenger and freight transportation solutions to the people, East Central Railway plays a pivotal role in fulfilling the transportation needs of its customers. This Railway has carried 2159.08 lakh passengers in the current year up to January, 2015. With the running of regular express trains and passenger trains per day, besides special trains during the period April, 2014 to January, 2015, better traffic facilities has provided to passengers.With the increase of 5.78%, East Central Railway has registered a significant increase under gross earnings by 9774.21 crore as compared to the corresponding month of last year i.e. 9240.17 crore.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
- The decision of the Railway administration in all matters related to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications and mode of selection shall be final.
- Imparting training in Railway will not co nfer any right to the candidates for their absorption in Railway after successful completion of training. In terms of para-10 of Schedule-V of the Apprenticeship Rules’1992, notified on 15.7.1992 by the Ministry of Labour, it shall not be obligatory on the part of the employer to offer any employment to the apprentice on completion of period of his/her apprenticeship training in his/her establishment. It shall not be obligatory on the part of the apprentice to accept an employment under the employer.
- No correspondence for engagement will be entertained.
- CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATURE AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERTAINED AT ALL IN THE MATTER.
- Before applying, the candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria. If erroneously engaged, such candidates shall be summarily dismissed without notice at any stage.
- Candidature of the candidate shall be cancelled if he/she fails to produce the required original testimonials for verification or any other discrepancy noticed.
HOW TO APPLY HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates are required to apply ONLINE by visiting www.rrcecr.gov.in. Detailed instructions for filling up ONLINE applications is available on the website.
- Candidates are required to log on to www.rrcecr.gov.in provided for filling ONLINE applications and fill up the Personal details/Bio-data etc. carefully. NOTE-1: Candidates should ensure their name, father’s name, date of birth, Percentage of marks in Matric (10th) and ITI etc should match exactly as recorded in Matriculation/ITI certificate. Any deviation found during any stage will lead to cancellation n of candidature.
- NOTE-2: Candidates are advised to indicate their active mobile number and valid e-mail ID in the ONLINE application and keep them active during entire engagement process as all important information/messages will be sent by email/SMS which will be treated as deemed to have been read by the candidates.
- Candidates trying to submit more than one application with different particulars like Name/Father’s name/Community/Photo/Educational and/or Technical qualification etc. or with different e-mail ID/Mobile number are informed that all such applications will be summarily rejected and liable to be debarred.
- Candidates have to keep printouts of their ONLINE application. If found eligible, he/she will be called for document verification and the printout of online application will be required to be produced at the time of document verification.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification