Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Northeast Frontier Railway: 31st Oct, 2019
Northeast Frontier Railway
Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) invites applications from all eligible candidates for recruitment to 2590 posts of Apprentices.
Aspirants may send dully filled application forms as per format complete in all respects and signed to the given address by 31-10-2019 . The hard copy of application should be accompanied by the copies of all testimonials and certificates.
1.Name of the post- Apprentices
No of post- 2590
About Northeast Frontier Railway
The Northeast Frontier Railway (abbreviated NFR), is one of the 18 railway zones in India. Headquartered in Maligaon, Guwahati in the state of Assam, it is responsible for rail operations in the entire Northeast and parts of West Bengal and Bihar.
The departmental setup at headquarters level and divisional setup in the field assists the General Manager in running the railways. Various departments namely engineering, mechanical, electrical, signal & telecom, operations, commercial, safety, accounts, security, personal and medical are headed by a Senior Administrative Grade / Higher Administrative Grade officer, provide technical and operational support to the divisions in train operations.Another division is being proposed to be set up in Silchar by bifurcating Lumding division.
(A) MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
2.1 The candidate must have passed 10,”class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50% marks in aggregate from recognized Board and also should possess ITI in relevant trades approved by NCVTISCVT.
- The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 18.09.2019.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates, 3 years in case of OBC candidates. 2.4 For persons with disability, upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by up to additional 10 years for ex-servicemen to the extent of service rendered in Defence Forces plus 03 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months service at a stretch, except Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Govt. service on Civil side after availing the servicemen status for the purpose of their engagement.
- The candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of SC/ST, must produce his/her caste certificate on Central Government format issued by appropriate authority as per sample Annexure-C at the time of Document Verification. Similarly the candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of OBC, must annex OBC certificate and Non-Creamy Layer certificate issued on or after 01-01-2019on Central Government format by appropriate authority as per sample Annexure-D.
- The candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of Ex-servicemen and Armed Forces Personnel, must produce discharge certificate and in case of children of Ex-servicemen and children of Armed Forces Personnel, they must produce discharge certificate or Armed Forces serving certificate respectively (as the case may be) of his/her parents at the time of document verification.
Last date to submit filled-in application forms : 31-10-2019.
Mode of Recruitment:
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of qualification and selection of candidates will be done through merit only.
Application fee is Nil for SC/ST/PH/Women and Rs 100/- for other candidates, to be paid through Crossed Postal Order in favour of Principal Financial Adviser, N.F. Railway, Maligaon payable to GPO/ Guwahati. OR Account Payee demand draft drawn from any Nationalized Bank in favour of F.A. & C.A.O., N.F. Railway, and payable at SBl/ Maligaon, Branch.
- Selection will be on the basis of merit list prepared (trade wise) in respect of all the candidates who apply against the notification in respective Units. The merit list in each unit will be prepared on percentage of marks obtained in matriculation with minimum 50% (aggregate) marks. For the purpose of calculation of percentage of matriculation, marks obtained by the candidates in all subjects will be reckoned and not on the basis of marks of any subject or a group of subjects.
- Shortlisted candidates, thus enlisted in respective units, will be called for document verification to the extent of 1.5 times of the notified vacancies.
- In case of two candidates having the same marks, the candidates with older age shall be preferred. In case the dates of birth are also the same, then the candidate who passed matriculation examination earlier shall be considered first.
How to Apply
- One candidate can apply for only one unit and trade. The candidates applying for more than one unit will not be entertained.
- The Application form & Call Letter as per prescribed format as stated in Annexure A & B must be submitted through registered post only in A-4 paper to the respective Unit duly filled in all respect by the candidate in his own hand writing with ball point pen to be addressed to the addresses of respective units as stated above in closed envelop enclosing the following
- Self-addressed envelope of 11″ x 5″ with Postal Stamp of Rs. 5/- (Exemption for SC/ST Candidates).
- A Crossed Postal Order in favour of Principal Financial Adviser, N.F. Railway, Maligaon payable to GPO/ Guwahati for Rs. 100/- (Exemption for SC/ST, PWD & women candidates) as a processing fee which is not refundable/transferable under any circumstances. The Postal Order purchased before the date of publication of this notice will not be valid.
- The fee can also be paid in the form of Account Payee demand draft drawn from any Nationalized Bank in favour of F.A. & C.A.O., N.F. Railway, and payable at SBI/Maligaon, Branch.
- Candidates may send applications for 2590 posts of Apprentices in Northeast Frontier Railway in prescribed format by 31-10-2019 along with all requisite documents. The applications received after the due date, will not be considered. Applications except requisite documents, will not be accepted.
- On the top of the envelop, candidate must write “Application for the post of ____”.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification