Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to DMW: 28th January, 2019
Diesel Loco Modernisation Works
Applications are invited for engagement of Three (03) Honorary Visiting Specialists (in ENT, EYE, PSYCHIATRIST Discipline) at Railway Hospital, DMW, Patiala. The engagement will be on contract basis.
1.Name of the post- Visiting Specialists
No of post- 3
Pay Scale- (Specialist- Rs.52000/- P.M.)- (Super Specialist- Rs.64000/- P.M)
Qualification and Experience
- Super Specialist: Minimum qualification will be Post Doctoral qualification DM/MCH or equivalent.
- Specialist: Post-Graduate degree from a recognized University. Minimum 03 years experience in the professional work related to concerned Specialty after obtaining P.G. degree.
- In case, suitable candidates with P.G. degree are not available PG Diploma holders with 05 years Experience in the professional work related to concerned speciality after obtaining P.G. Diploma.
Introduction of Diesel Locomotives on the Indian Railways started in late 50’s, with the import of locomotives from M/s. ALCO, USA. With the setting up of Diesel Locomotive Works at Varanasi in the year 1961, the addition to the Diesel Locomotive fleet started at a regular pace. In the earlier years of diesel operation, a limited demand of spares was met by Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi mainly through import, but the demand increased with the increasing size and age of the fleet. It was in the context of the need for high precision components for maintenance support to the diesel fleet, that in the year 1979, a decision was taken to set up Diesel Component Works at Patiala. The Foundation Stone of Diesel Component Works (DCW), Patiala was laid on October 24, 1981 and production started in 1986. A decision was also taken that DCW will do midlife Rebuilding of Diesel Locomotives after a service life of 18 years. Accordingly, Phase-II of the project was sanctioned and the work of Rebuilding started in 1989. The name of DCW was changed to Diesel Loco Modernisation Works (DMW) in July, 2003 to signify the modernisation of Diesel Locomotives being done in the unit.
- Minimum 30 years and Maximum 64 years as on 28.01.2019 (i.e. last date of receiving of applications).
- Upper age limit of continued engagement is 65 years.
Tenure of working: The offer is initially for one year only. After expiry of one year, extension can be on the basis of performance.
Number of visits/Number of Hours etc:
- Average of 2 hours every day/6 days/ week.
- Average of 2 hours every day/4 days/ week.
- Average of 2 hours every day/2 days/ week.
In addition they will have to come to hospital whenever called in for emergency on any day, including Sunday and off day (for 4 days & 2 days/week) and at any time of the day.
Free Railways Passes:
- One set of complementary Railway pass valid all over Indian Railway & Konkan railways in AC two tier including Rajdhani Express & in AC chair car of shatabdi Express for self, spouse & dependent children (as per Rules applicable for Railway employees) will be made available as per the entitlement of Selection Grade Officer in each calendar year.
- Complementary Pass can be availed after three months of engagement for the calendar year.
Daily Rate of deduction of Remuneration:
They are allowed to have 12 days of leave every year. For any absence beyond 12 days, deductions will be made at the following rates.
Termination of Contract:- The contract can be terminated at any time, on one month notice on either side. The administration reserves the right not to assign any reason for such termination.
Last date of receiving of applications in this office is 28.01.2019
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification