Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Western Railway: 09th January, 2018
Notification No. RRC/WR/04/2018 Apprentice Dt 08/12/2018
RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CELL
Parcel Depot, Alibhai Premji Road
Grant Road (East), Mumbai–400007
- Please read all the instructions in this notification carefully and ensure that you are eligible to apply before filling the application form Online. Detailed instructions for filling up ONLINE applications are available on the RRC-WR website-https://www.rrc-wr.com.
- Applicants are advised in their own interest to submit Online Application much before the closing date to avoid possibility of any failure to submit application due
to heavy load/jam on website.
- In case the Applicant does not have a VALID personal e-mail ID he/she should create his / her e-mail ID before applying online application and must maintain that
e-mail ID till the end of engagement process.
- This is a Centralized Notification for engagement of Act Apprentices under the Apprentices Act 1961 being conducted by Western Railway and Railway Recruitment Cell, Western Railway (RRC-WR) has been nominated as nodal agency for obtaining ONLINE applications from Applicants and preparation of their merit list only.
- Applicants can submit their applications ONLINE only on RRC’s website https://www.rrc-wr.com. The candidature of the Applicants will be considered only on the basis of the information filled in the ONLINE application. Document Verification and Medical Examination will be held in the concerned Divisions & Workshops.
- In case of Direct Recruitment from Open Market to Posts / Categories in Level – 1 (Rs. 18,000/- - Rs. 56,900/-) Course Completed Act Apprentices(CCAA) trained in
Railway Establishments and possessing National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) will be given preference in filling up 20% vacancies on qualifying the requisite norms notified by RRB/RRC.
1.Name of the post- Apprentice
No of post- 3553
AGE CRITERIA as on 09/01/2019
- The Applicants should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age.
- SC/ST/OBC- Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years in case of SC/ST applicants and 03 years in case of OBC Applicants.
About Western Railway
The Western Railway is one of the 17 zones of Indian Railways, and is among the busiest railway networks in India. The major railway routes of Indian Railways which come under Western Railways are: Mumbai Central - Ratlam, Mumbai Central - Ahmedabad and Palanpur - Ahmedabad. The railway system is divided into six operating divisions: Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Ratlam and Mumbai. Vadodara railway station, being the junction point for the Ahmedabad - Mumbai route and the Mumbai - Ratlam route towards New Delhi, is the busiest junction Station in Western Railways and one of the busiest junctions of Indian Railways too, while Ahmedabad Division earns highest revenue followed by Mumbai Division and Vadodara Division. Surat railway station is one of the busiest railway station in Western Railway in non-junction category where more than 160 trains pass per day.
- The number of training slots shown in this Notification are provisional and the same are liable to increase or decrease depending upon the actual needs of the Administration at the time of finalization of selection.
- There will be a reservation to the extent of 3% for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) AND 3% for Ex-Servicemen. The quota slots in the said categories are included in the overall slots and hence are not to be filled up outside the notified slots.
- The Applicants who want to avail the benefit of reservation of Ex-servicemen and Armed Forces Personnel and in case of children of Ex-servicemen and children of Armed Forces Personnel, they must upload Discharge certificate or Armed Forces Serving Certificate respectively (as the case may be) of his/her parents at the time of online application.
- For SC slots, when the prescribed number of persons belonging to the SC are not available, it will be filled by ST Applicants. For ST slots, in case ST Applicants are not available, they will be filled by SC Applicants. If the prescribed training slots for SC/ST Applicants cannot be filled even in the above given manner, then the training slots so lying unfilled will be filled by persons not belonging to the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes i.e. Unreserved Applicants. Similarly, the seats remaining unfilled by OBC Applicants will be filled by Applicants of unreserved category.
- The decision of the Railway administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications ,mode of selection and allotment of Division/Workshop etc. shall be final.
- No correspondences for engagement will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature and no correspondence will be entertained in the matter.
- Before applying, the Applicants should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria. If erroneously engaged, such Applicants shall be summarily dismissed without notice at any stage.
- Candidature of the Applicants shall be cancelled if he/she fails to produce the required original testimonials for verification or any other discrepancy noticed.
- Before applying, the Applicants should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria. If erroneously engaged, such Applicants shall be summarily TERMINATED without notice at any stage.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification