Last Date to apply to Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation Limited:12 Dec,2019
Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation Limited (GMRC)
GMRC is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 44 contractual posts of Manager and Various.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 12-12-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Table of Contents
Name of the post – Manager and Various
No of post – 44
Pay Scale – Rs 120000 – 280000,Rs 90000 – 240000,Rs 50000 – 160000
B.E / B. Tech/Commerce Graduate.
- Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited, a 50:50 Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) jointly owned by Government of India and Government of Gujarat is entrusted with the responsibility of
implementation of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project & its operation & maintenance and other projects.
- Candidates who have appeared for interviews conducted by GMRC for the above said posts on an earlier occasion need not send their applications again unless there is a change in the eligibility criteria.
- Prescribed qualifications are the minimum requirements and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
- The experience is post qualification and the minimum required. Mere possession of minimum experience does not confer any right for interview / selection.
- Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to selection/appointment shall be a disqualification.’
- Original Documents in support of qualification and relevant experience shall be shown and photocopies of the same to be submitted along with the Resume at the time of interview. Non-submission of documents along with the Resume, will lead to rejection of candidature at any stage during the process of recruitment.
- GMRC shall not be liable for any damage / injury / loss to the individual, if any, sustained during the entire recruitment process and journey.
- Management reserves the right to assess fitness or otherwise of the candidates selected.
- Call letters for interview will be issued to shortlisted applicants indicating Time, Date and Venue of the Interview.
- Applicants should fill up the required information online only on our Company website through the link under http://www.gujaratmetrorail.com/careers/ “APPLY ONLINE” along with necessary attachments in a merged single PDF file containing CV, payslips & testimonials etc., on or before 12th December,2019.
- Any candidate found guilty of impersonation or submitting fabricated documents or making statements,which are false, incorrect or indulging in suppression of facts, attempts to use unfair means for the purpose of recruitment, will be liable for rejection.
- The candidate shall have to indicate his/her acceptance to the offer within three working days from the receipt of offer, if not; next candidate in order of merit will be offered the appointment on similar lines. However, the Competent Authority may grant such extension of time depending upon the exigencies, if so requested.
- Ahmedabad Metro is a rapid transit system for the cities of Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar in Gujarat, India. It is being built by Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited (formerly Metro-Link Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad or MEGA), a Special Purpose Vehicle company constituted in 2018 to implement all metro projects in Gujarat.
- The company was established in February 2010 and the Phase–1 of the project was approved in October 2014. Construction of Ahmedabad Metro started on 14 March 2015,and Phase-1 is expected to be completed by 2020.
- A section of East-West corridor was inaugurated on 4 March 2019 by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and was opened to the public on 6 March 2019.
- In 2003, Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board carried out the study for urban transport between Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad. It also carried out the detailed project report through Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and RITES and submitted it in June 2005 and received Central Government’s approval in the same year.Following the estimated cost of ₹ 4295 crores and the study of the viability of the project, it was abandoned in 2005 to give priority to the Ahmedabad BRTS and suburban railway projects. In 2008, considering the future developments in and around Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar, the project was revived and new corridors were designed to make the project viable.
- The special purpose vehicle company, Metro Link Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad (MEGA) Company Ltd (now renamed GMRC), was established by Government of Gujarat on 4 February 2010 with Rs 200 crore. Later in 2014, it was decided that the Central Government will own 50% of the company.
- On 19 October 2014, Union Cabinet of India approved 10,773 Crores for the Phase–1. The Central government approved use of unused Western Railways land along the Botad- Sabarmati meter gauge line in November 2014.The original plan of Metro along Ashram Road was tweaked and the track was moved westward. The new plan added cost of 500 crore and two more stations. It helped by fewer problems in land acquisition and less congestion on Ashram Road. In 2015 budget of Gujarat, 611 crore was further allocated for the metro. The ground breaking ceremony was held on 14 March 2015 for the construction of 6.5 km long Vastral – Apparel Park stretch of East-West corridor in presence of then Gujarat Chief Minister, Anandiben Patel. The ground-breaking ceremony for North-South Corridor was held on 17 January 2016 in presence of the then Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel. The work started in March 2016.The Indian Railways permitted the construction of North-South corridor stretch on its land in June 2016.
click above to download
the employment notification