Table of Contents
Walk-In Interview of IRCTC: 19th February, 2019
Eligible and Qualified candidates are invited to appear for a walk-in-interview for the post of Catering Assistant (Hospitality) on Contract basis for a period of 2 years and extendable based on requirement and satisfactory performance.
1.Name of the post- Catering Assistant
No of post- 50
Pay Scale- Rs.25,000/- p.m
Candidates are requested to fill in the Application Form (attached with this advertisement) complete in all respects. The complete Application Form has to be submitte.d. at the Venue of the Interview for verification along with original & one set of attested copies of required documents and three recent . passport size photographs. Interview will be conducted & based on the credentials and performance in the personal interview the candidates will be selected and the offer of engagement shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of merit and based on the number of vacancies and will be subject to verification of antecedents. 20 candidates will be placed on reserved list for unforeseen reason.
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles the catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian railways, with around 5,50,000 to 6,00,000 Template:MOS:DIGITS bookings every day is the world's second busiest and highest of 15 to 16 lakh tickets every day. Its tagline is "Lifeline of the nation".
It is known for changing the face of railway ticketing in India and is among the Miniratna companies of Central Indian government. Prior to its inception, Indian railway passengers had little options for quality food during travel. Passengers had to get off from trains at stations and buy sub-standard food from station food stalls which were not known for hygiene. Trains stop for only few minutes at stations and this added to rush & panic among travelers. After the advent of IRCTC, pantry cars were introduced inside long or medium distance trains which catered to passengers by serving freshly cooked quality food, thus revolutionizing train travel in India. It pioneered internet-based rail ticket booking through its website, as well as from the mobile phones via WiFi, GPRS or SMS. It also provides SMS facility to check PNR status and Live Train Status as well. In addition to e-tickets, Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation also offers I-tickets that are basically like regular tickets except that they are booked online and delivered by post. The tickets PNR status is also made available. Commuters on the suburban rail can also book season tickets through the website. It has also launched a loyalty program called Shubh Yatra for frequent travelers. Through this program, passengers can avail of discounts on all tickets booked round the year by paying an upfront annual fee.
- This engagement will not entitle any candidate to claim for regular/ permanent employment in IRCTC.
- If performance during contract period not been found satisfactory the contract may be terminated with 15 days notice.
- The engagement is for a specific work/purpose based on requirement and if the same will have been reduced then the contract may be terminated before 2 years/contract period, in such cases one month remuneration i.e. Rs.25000/- will be paid in lieu of notice period.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Those working in Govt./ PSUs may apply through proper channel/ submit NOC at the time of Interview or should submit proper relieving letter from present employer in the event of selection in IRCTC.
- IRCTC reserves the right to cancel/ amend the advertisement and/or the selection process there under
- The number of vacancies to be filled may increase or decrease depending on the requirement of IRCTC at the time of engagement.
- Candidates should ensure that they full fill the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post they have applied in case it found at any stage of selection process or even after engagement that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information or suppressed any relevant information/ material facts or does not full fill the criteria, his / her candidature / services are liable for rejection/ termination without notice.
- The selected candidate/s should join within the prescribed time limit.
- The selected candidate/s should execute service bond for Rs. 30000/- towards training etc. The same will be refunded (without interest) at the time contact expiry /termination. If candidate leave IRCTC before completion of contract period the bond amount will be forfeited.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the walk in interview.
- In case of extension of interview, candidates have to arrange their own stay and food.
- Requires good communication skills both verbal and written (English & Hindi). Possessing knowledge of local languages is added advantage.
- Knowledge of computer (MS Office), preparation reports etc
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Any corrigendum/clarifications on this advertisement, if necessary, shall be uploaded on
- IRCTC website and no separate press coverage is envisaged for this.
- Candidate can appear at any one convenient place only. Attending to more than one place i will be liable to disqualify.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification