Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to GMRC: 5th April, 2019
GUJARAT METRO RAIL CORPORATION (GMRC) LIMITED
First Floor, Karmayogi Bhavan Office
Sector 10A, Gandhinagar–382010, Gujarat
Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited, a 50:50 Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) jointly owned by Government of India and Government of Gujarat is entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project.
GMRC invites applications from qualified and experienced candidates as per the following posts and appointments will be only on “Contract” with min.3 years to 5 years, on standard terms & conditions of the Organization:
1.Name of the post- General Manager & Manager
No of post- 37
Pay Scale- Rs.120000‐280000/-
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must be B.E/B.Tech (Civil) engineering graduate having more than 20 years of Post Qualification experience in construction of large infra project of planning & execution in Viaducts, Bridges, Multi‐Stored Buildings, Workshop Sheds etc. Candidates having working experience in Metro Rail civil engineering projects will be preferred. The candidates will be responsible for supervision and monitoring of Construction works, planning, design and interface with
Government Agencies, etc.
- Candidate must be familiar with management of contracts relating to the large infrastructure projects. Quality Control & Assurance System in civil construction, Safety Implementation, Programme Monitoring, IS / International Codes for construction of civil underground structures is desirable.
Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Metro Rail Project is being prmoted with the objective of providing safe, fast and eco-friendly transportation services to the public at affordable rates while simultaneously reducing the congestion on the roads. The metro rail project will promote integration with AMTS, BRTS, Railways and other modes of public transit system. GMRC is committed to deliver World class state-of-art technology most cost efficient metro within the shortest time span possible in the country. The proposed metro will have majorly elevated structure, ballast-less tracks, air-conditioned coaches, GPS based rail tracking system , train destination indicators & stations with support infrastructure like automated fare collection, parking facilities, etc.
- Exceptionally qualified and higher rank holders can be considered for suitable position & compensation package at the discretion of Competent Authority.
- Apart from the pay, other benefits will also be paid as per the Company Policy. Age & Experience period may be relaxed for exceptional candidates having relevant experience in Metro Rail Project.
- If selection panel finds any candidate suitable/fit for a lower post which is advertised in this advertisement, then he/she shall be selected on the lower post (irrespective of the actual post/vacancy to which candidate has applied) subject to the willingness of the candidate.
- The number of posts indicated above may vary based on further assessment of requirement.
- Eligible Officials / Staff working in GMRC may also apply through proper channel.
- Candidates after selection are likely to be posted at Ahmedabad / Gandhinagar or any other projects of GMRC, anywhere in Gujarat.
- Reservations Rules shall be followed as per regulations of Government of Gujarat. Further, the selected candidates will be extended medical coverage and personal accident insurance coverage apart from other entitlements as per governing policies of the GMRCL.
- The Contract Appointment will be initially for 3 years to 5 years on extendable basis.
- The contract of appointment may be terminated by either side by giving 30 days (up‐to Assistant Manager Cadre) or 90 days (Manager & above Cadre) notice or by paying the contractual remuneration / salary in lieu of notice period, if the circumstances so warrant.
- Candidates who have appeared for interviews conducted by GMRC for the above said posts on an earlier occasion need not send their applications again unless there is a change in the eligibility criteria.
- Prescribed qualifications are the minimum requirements and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
- The experience is post qualification and the minimum required. Mere possession of minimum experience does not confer any right for interview / selection.
- Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to selection/appointment shall be a disqualification.
- Applicants should fill up the required information online only on our Company website through the link under http://www.gujaratmetrorail.com/careers/ “APPLY ONLINE” along with necessary attachments in a merged single PDF file containing CV, payslips & testimonials etc., on or before 5th April, 2019.
- Any candidate found guilty of impersonation or submitting fabricated documents or making statements, which are false, incorrect or indulging in suppression of facts, attempts to use unfair means for the purpose of recruitment, will be liable for rejection.
- The candidate shall have to indicate his/her acceptance to the offer within three working days from the receipt of offer, if not; next candidate in order of merit will be offered the appointment on similar lines. However, the Competent Authority may grant such extension of time depending upon the exigencies, if so requested.
- Original Documents in support of qualification and relevant experience shall be shown and photocopies of the same to be submitted along with the Resume at the time of interview. Non‐submission of documents along with the Resume, will lead to rejection of candidature at any stage during the process of recruitment.
- GMRC shall not be liable for any damage / injury / loss to the individual, if any, sustained during the entire recruitment process and journey.
- Management reserves the right to assess fitness or otherwise of the candidates selected.
TIME & DATE OF INTERVIEW
Call letters for interview will be issued to shortlisted applicants indicating Time, Date and Venue of the Interview.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification