Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to IRCTC: 12th April, 2019
No.2019/IRCTC/HRD/SZ/Rectt./ Supervisor (Hospitality)
Notice for Walk-in-Interview for the post of Supervisor (Hospitality)
IRCTC/ South Zonel/ Chennai
Eligible and Qualifred candidates are invited to appear for a walk-in-interview for the post of Supervisor (Hospitalify) on Contract basis for a period of 2 years and extendable by one more year based on requirement and satisfactory performance.
1.Name of the post- Supervisor (South Zone)
No of post- 74
Pay Scale- Rs.25,000/-
Essential Qualification & Experience:
Full Time B. Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration from Institution recognised by NCHMCT/Government of India/AICTE/ UGC.
Experience: Minimum 2 years in F&B Industry (production /service/operations etc) of units having FSSAI certification (as on 01.03.19).
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. has been set up by the Ministry of Railways with the basic purpose of hiving off entire catering and tourism activity of the railways to the new Corporation so as to professionalism and upgrade these services with public-private participation. Rail based Tourism in India will be the specific vehicle for achieving high growth in coordination with state agencies, tour operators, travel agents and the hospitality industry. A dynamic marketing strategy in association with public and private agencies, tour operators, transporters, hoteliers and local tour promoters is on the anvil. Indian Railways span global volumes in hospitality and catering sectors with services provided to 13 million passengers everyday.
Teaching experience and training period (Induction) will not be counted as experience.
Medical fitness: Engagement of selected candidates shall be subject to medical fitness test as prescribed by IRCTC.
- Candidates are requested to fill in the Application Form (attached with this advertisement) complete in all respects. The complete Application Form has to be submitted at the Venue of the Interview for verification along with original, one set of attested copies of required documents and three recent passport size photographs.
- Interview will be conducted, based on the credentials & performance in the personal interview the candidates will be selected and the offer of engagement shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of merit and based on number of vacancies, subject to verification of antecedents. In addition to 74 selected candidates, rulmes of 74 candidates will be placed on reserved list for unforeseen reason.
Scope of work:
- Responsible for supervision/monitoring of food production, quality & services in nominated mobile/static catering units.
- Ensure compliance of company policies and standard hospitality procedures/practices.
- Ensuring men & material for nominated mobile/static catering units.
- Resolve customer/passenger care related issues and complaint management.
- Collection of feedback, analysis and course correction.
- Ensuring compliance of statutory regulations as applicable.
- Supervise & educate staff in efficient upkeep of equipment and devices.
- coordination with various departments, offices, business partners.
- This engagement is purely contractual in nature and will not entitle any candidate to claim for regular/permanent employment in IRCTC.
- Contract may terminated by giving one month notice by either side. If performance during contract period is not found satisfactory the contact may be terminated with 15 days' notice. Medical insurance will be provided by IRCTC to engaged candidates. Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Those working in Govt. / PSUs may apply through proper channel/ submit NOC at the time of Interview or should submit proper relieving letter from present employer in the event of selection in IRCTC.
- IRCTC reseryes the right to cancel/ amend the advertisement andlor the selection process there under.
- The number of vacancies to be frlled may increase or decrease depending on the requirement of IRCTC at the time of engagement.
- Candidates should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post they have applied. In case it is found at arry stage of selection process or even after engagement that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information or suppressed any relevant information/ material facts or does not full fill the criteria, his / her candidature / services will be summarily terminated.
- The selected candidate(s) have to furnish security deposit in the form of DD for Rs. 25,000/-.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the walk in interview.
- In case of extension of interview, candidates will have to axrange their own stay and food.
- Knowledge of computer (MS Offrce), preparation of reports is desirable.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Any corrigendum/clarifications to this advertisement, if necessary, shall be uploaded on IRCTC website and no separate press coverage will be given in the newspaper.
- Candidate can appear at arry one convenient place only. Attending at more than one place will be liable for disqualification.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification