Table of Contents
Walk-In Interview for IRCTC: 11, 13 & 15th June, 2019
No.2019/IRCTC/HRD/SZ/Rectt./ Supervisor (Hospitality)
South Zone/ Chennai
Eligible and Qualified candidates are invited to appear for a walk-in-interview for the post of Supervisor (Hospitality) on Contract basis for a period of 2 years and extendable by one more year based on requirement and satisfactory performance.
1.Name of the post- Supervisor
No of post- 74
Pay Scale- Rs.25,000/-
*The candidates who have already worked on Fixed Terms/Contract basis will be given additional age relaxation for a period for which they have worked in IRCTC.
*Requires good communication skills both verbal and written (English & Hindi). Possessing knowledge of local language like Tamil, Kannada & Malayalam is added advantage. Medical fitness: Engagement of selected candidates shall be subject to medical fitness test as prescribed by IRCTC.
- Candidates are requested to fill in the Application Form (attached with this advertisement) complete in all respects. The complete Application Form has to be submitted at the Venue of the Interview for verification along with original, one set of attested copies of required documents and three recent passport size photographs.
- Interview will be conducted, based on the credentials & performance in the personal interview the candidates will be selected and the offer of engagement shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of merit and based on number of vacancies, subject to verification of antecedents. In addition to 74 selected candidates, names of 74 candidates will be placed on reserved list for unforeseen reason.
To enhance passenger amenities, the IRCTC launched Rail Neer, a branded packaged drinking water for the rail commuters. Rail Neer is processed, purified and bottled at state-of-art plants. Completely automatic plant and no manual handling of product water at any stage. IRCTC stands for quality and has a key role in ensuring service and product of the highest quality for the rail passenger as well as visitor to any railway premises. High quality product can only be ensured when production is in-house under full control and supervision of IRCTC. This is the first plant set up by IRCTC in 2003. This is located in West delhi . The purpose was to supply safe drinking water to important Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains originating from New delhi and Nizammudin. Plant is provided with solar evaporation pits. This is to avoid RO reject to surrounding land and hence comply with state Pollution control norms.
Scope of work
- Responsible for supervision/monitoring of food production, quality & services in nominated mobile/static catering units.
- Ensure compliance of company policies and standard hospitality procedures/practices.
- Ensuring men & material for nominated mobile/static catering units.
- Resolve customer/passenger care related issues and complaint management.
- Collection of feedback, analysis and course correction.
- Ensuring compliance of statutory regulations as applicable.
- Supervise & educate staff in efficient upkeep of equipment and devices.
- Coordination with various departments, offices, business partners.
- This engagement is purely contractual in nature and will not entitle any candidate to claim for regular/permanent employment in IRCTC.
- Contract may terminated by giving one month notice by either side. If performance during contract period is not found satisfactory the contact may be terminated with 15 days’ notice.
- Medical insurance will be provided by IRCTC to engaged candidates.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Those working in Govt. / PSUs may apply through proper channel/ submit NOC at the time of Interview or should submit proper relieving letter from present employer in the event of selection in IRCTC.
- IRCTC reserves the right to cancel/ amend the advertisement and/or the selection process there under.
- The number of vacancies to be filled may increase or decrease depending on the requirement of IRCTC at the time of engagement.
- Candidates should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post they have applied. In case it is found at any stage of selection process or even after engagement that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information or suppressed any relevant information/ material facts or does not full fill the criteria, his / her candidature / services will be summarily terminated.
- The selected candidate(s) have to furnish security deposit in the form of DD for Rs. 25,000/-.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the walk in interview.
- In case of extension of interview, candidates will have to arrange their own stay and food.
- Knowledge of computer (MS Office), preparation of reports is desirable.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Any corrigendum/clarifications to this advertisement, if necessary, shall be uploaded on IRCTC website and no separate press coverage will be given in the newspaper.
- Candidate can appear at any one convenient place only. Attending at more than one place will be liable for disqualification.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification