Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Kochi Metro Rail Limited:(12 December 2018)
Kochi Metro Rail Limited
We hereby caution the general public not to fall prey to claims made by unscrupulous elements aiming at fleecing money from the innocent public. It is requested to the public to not to believe any advertisement/job announcement of Kochi Metro circulated through e-mail, social media, messages etc. Kochi Metro Rail Limited will not be responsible in any way to any individual heeding to the actions of these unscrupulous elements purporting to be representing Kochi Metro.
Name of the post - General Manager & Deputy General Manager
No of post - 02
Pay Scale - Rs.1,20,000-2,80,000/-(IDA),Rs.70000-200000(IDA)
General Manager:-Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics/Civil Engineering or IRSSE, IRSME, IRSSE, IRTS, IRSE.
Deputy General Manager:-Graduate in Electrical or Electronics or Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Experience and age criteria can be relaxed in case of otherwise exceptionally deserving candidates.
- The number of vacancies shown above is tentative and may undergo change.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview, which will be communicated through email only. KMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates.
- Applicants employed in Govt./Quasi Govt./ PSUs shall apply through proper channel, after forwarding the advance copy along with the application fee and shall produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview.
- Acceptance or rejection of application of the candidates will be the sole discretion of the Management. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
- Applications of candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily and he/she will be declared disqualified for future vacancies in KMRL.
- No TA/DA will be paid by KMRL to candidates for attending interview.
- KMRL reserves the right to cancel, amend this advertisement either partially or fully.
About Kochi Metro Rail Limited
To enrich the quality of life for everyone in Kochi by facilitating better connectivity between people, between people and places, and between people and prosperity. To make Kochi a more liveable and pleasant city for residents and visitors alike, where public transportation would be used by all – connecting people and places safely, seamlessly, reliably and comfortably.Five years ago, Kochi Metro Rail Limited was started with the objective of building and running a metro line, but later we decided to use KMRL as an opportunity to migrate citizens from personal vehicles to public transport and change the face of transportation and mobility in the process. KMRL is trying to build itself as Kerala’s urban transport solutions provider. By being the first metro system in the country with an integrated multimodal transport system, Kochi Metro will not only give the city a much-required face-lift but also provide an end-to-end connectivity.
- Our objective is to make Kochi the first city in the country where the entire public transport system: the metro, the buses, the boats, the auto-rickshaws and the taxies work together as a seamless integrated system; with a common timetable, common ticketing and centralised `command and control’.
- To introduce a world-class metro system in Cochin to enhance the quality of life for the Greater Kochi metro area by improving regional connections and reducing overcrowding, traffic congestion, transit time, air and noise pollution.
- To adopt a stakeholder approach to improve connectivity and quality of life by coordinating and consulting with important stakeholder groups, such as community groups, business groups, environmental groups, state and central governments, architects and planners, and various regulatory agencies.
- To connect metro with the Cochin International Airport to create seamless transition, transit, and interconnectivity.
- To plan and extend the metro to Fort Cochin.
- To create transport hubs with metro, bus and rail links.
- To increase the economic vitality of the region by improving infrastructure resulting in the further development of the greater Kochi area as an economic, transportation, and tourism hub.
- To be accountable for our actions.
How to apply
- Applicants should read the instructions in the website thoroughly before applying.
- Application form may be filled online by selecting the link in KMRL website. The scan copy of the supporting documents should be uploaded, failing which the application will be treated as incomplete.
- Applications forwarded through any other means including fax or e-mail will not be entertained.
- The application fee of Rs.500.00 should be paid online through the payment gateway of Kochi Metro Rail website. No other mode of payment will be entertained. This is nonrefundable under any circumstances.
- The last date of submission of on-line application is 12th December 2018.
- Minimum 17 years Post qualification experience out of which minimum 14 years in executive/managerial cadre in Indian Railways or its subsidiary/Sister concerns,Metro Rail corporations.
- The candidate should have sufficient exposure and experience in the planning, procurement, contract management and operation and maintenance of Metro and Railway transportation.
- Note: In case of not getting a suitable candidate at the GM level, candidates with similar experience of minimum 15 years out of which 12 years in executive/managerial cadre will be considered for AGM i.e. E7 grade(Rs.1,00,000-2,60,000/-) &
- In case of not getting a suitable candidate at the GM & AGM level, candidates with similar experience of minimum 12 years out of which 9 years in
executive/managerial cadre will be considered for JGM i.e. E6 grade(Rs.90,000-2,40,000/-)
- The candidate will be leading a team of engineers for operation and maintenance of Rolling Stock, Depot, signaling &Telecommunication, Track, Power &
Traction and Electrical maintenance.
Deputy General Manager:-
- Minimum 8 years post qualification experience in Power supply or Traction third rail or Traction OHE in Metro/Railway/Associated Industry out of which at least 3 years in an executive/managerial cadre.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification