Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Konkan Railway: 21st March, 2019
KONKAN RAILWAY CORPORATION LIMITED
Railway Board, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi-110001.
Reference above, KRCL is in need of the officer from Indian Railways/ Railway PSUs as CEE/USBRL at any of the opted HQ out of Jammu / NDLS on deputation basis.
Requirement has been notified on KRCL website at link www.konkanrailway.com --> Recruitment --> Current notifications. As advised by Railway Board vide its letter referred above, PDF of the said notification is enclosed herewith for uploading the same on Indian Railways website for wide publicity. Requested to upload on Indian Railways website as early as possible.
1.Name of the post- Chief Electrical Engineer/USBRL
No of post- 01
About Konkan Railway
The Konkan Railway (abbreviated KR and कोरे) is operated by Konkan Railway Corporation Limited, headquartered at CBD Belapur in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra. The first passenger train ran on Konkan railway tracks on 20 March 1993 between Udupi and Mangalore. During its initial years of operation in the mountainous Konkan region, a spate of accidents prompted Konkan Railway to investigate new technologies. The anti-collision devices, the Sky Bus and RORO are a few of the innovations from Konkan Railway. It was the missing link between Mumbai, Maharashtra and Mangalore, Karnataka and the southwestern coastal cities of India. The 741 km (461 mi) line connects Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka states in India. The first train on the completed track was flagged off on January 26, 1998, the Republic Day of India. Until the Konkan Railway started its operations, the two important port cities Mangaluru and Mumbai were not directly connected by the railway network. People would travel by trains running through inland India via Bengaluru-Belagavi-Pune route. In the mid-twentieth century, people travelling to Mumbai from Mangaluru and adjoining areas would go to Kadur or Birur by bus and then catch a train to Mumbai (Bombay then). In the 1970s National Highway 17 (NOW NH-66) was built to connect these cities by road.
Detailed Job description indicating age, requirement, discipline etc. Railway Officer
- SAG/NFSAG/SG IRSEE Officers having more than 16 years of Group 'A' service.
- For officer of Railway PSUs:- Officer of Electrical wing of Railway PSU. Presently working in E-8 level of IDA Scale. OR Completed minimum 4 years in E-7 of IDA Scale.
- Officer shall be responsible for all electrical (i.e. traction and non traction) works related with USBRL project including preparing estimates, tender documents, design and drawings, specifications, execution and monitoring of progress of field works including power supply arrangements. The Officer is required to co-ordinate and liaise with all connected agencies with USBRL project as well as other related organisations including Zonal Railways, CORE Allahabad, RDSO, CRS and Power Development Department (PDD) J&K etc. for co-ordination and interfacing of works. He shall report to CE/Coordination at J&K and CEE/KRCL at Belapur.
- Minimum Eligibility: Officers preferably having experience of Railway Electrification and Electrical General services. The applicant will not be allowed to withdraw the names in case they are selected for deputation.
Age: Below 57 years. as on date of notification
Perks and benefits:
The officer will draw pay which would have been admissible to him/her from time to time on his parent department plus deputation (duty) allowance. Additional allowances and Incentives are admissible for this project which is attached as Annexure-'B'. [If the officer opts for HQ at NDLS then he is not eligible for any benefit of incentives of USBRL Project]
- Applicants are requested to submit simultaneously a copy of the application to their Administrative officer (HQ/Board etc.) for forwarding the application to KRCL indicating No Objection, Vigilance/D&AR Clearance, Gradings of last 5 years APARs.
- Eligible suitable applicants will be short-listed on the basis of eligibility and experience, if required, as per Vacancy Notice.
- Selection criteria will be as mentioned in Ministry of Railway, Railway Board's letter No.2017/E(0)11/41/5 dated 25.05.2017 and no.2018/E(0)11/41/1 dated 07.03.2018.
- Eligible and interested officer may apply in the prescribed application format, Annexure-1 attached. Complete filled-in application may be sent to The Chief Personnel Officer, KRCL, C.B.D Belapur, Navi Mumbai, PIN 400614.
Closing Date: 21-03-2019
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification