Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Rail Wheel Factory: 23rd February, 2018
Rail Wheel Factory
Applications are invited in the prescribed format at Annexure-I from eligible Sports persons, for recruitment to posts in Level-1 of RS(RP) Rules, 2016 (erstwhile Pay Band Rs.5200-20200 + GP Rs.1800/-) in Rail Wheel Factory through Open Advertisement Quota for the year 2018-19 in the following Games/Events.
1.Name of the post- Cricket, Hockey, Foot Ball & Kabaddi
No of post- 10
Pay Scale- Rs.5200-20200
- Certificate in proof of the above, issued by the authorities authorized to issue such certificate should be enclosed along with the application form for getting relaxation in the application fee. Candidates should check their eligibility thoroughly before applying. Examination fee paid in respect of candidates who are ineligible, but still apply, shall not be refunded.
- While applying, the candidates claiming fee exemption must submit necessary certificates i.e. SC/ST/OBC/Minorities/ Economically Backward classes (EBCs), in the format prescribed (i.e. Annexure-A, B, C, D).
- Applications not accompanied with examination fee, wherever required, will be summarily rejected.
- Minorities will mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jain and Zorastrains (Parsis).
- Economically Backward classes (EBCs) will mean those candidates whose annual family income is less than Rs.50,000/-
- The following authorities are authorized to issue income certificate for the purpose of identifying EBCs.
- District Magistrate or any other Revenue Officer up to the level of Tahasildar.
About Rail Wheel Factory
Till early 1980s Indian Railways was importing about 55% of requirement of wheels and axles. Indigenous capacity was available only at Tata Iron & Steel Company [TISCO] and Durgapur Steel Plant [DSP]. The TISCO plant was technically not capable of meeting the changing requirement of wheels and axles for the new designs of rolling stock and production was discontinued. DSP was only able to partially meet Indian Railways’ needs. The cost of imports was high with prices rising in the world market. Financing of imports, delays in supplies and limited availability of foreign exchange adversely affected wagon production and rolling stock maintenance. It was in this context that in the early 1970s the Railway Ministry felt the necessity for setting up a new specialized Production Unit for manufacture of rolling stock wheels and axles as import substitute. The ultimate objective was that DSP and the Rail Wheel Factory [RWF, formerly Wheel & Axle Plant] should be able to totally meet Indian Railways requirement for standard wheels and axles so that their import could be stopped.
- For this Recruitment, all eligible candidates will be called for the trials. Trials of the candidates shall be conducted to assess their sports performance and suitability. After the trials, only the FIT candidates shall be considered for the next stage i.e interview stage. Candidates declared “NOT FIT” in the trials will not be assessed by the Recruitment Committee.
- The trials are scheduled to be held from 18.03.2019 to 22.03.2019 at the Rail Wheel Factory Stadium, Yelahanka, Bangalore-560064 or at notified place. While all out efforts will be made to inform the candidates well in advance, the candidates are cautioned that they may have to appear in the selection trials at short notice. The candidates are advised to regularly check the website www.rwfindianrailways.gov.in for updates.
HOW TO APPLY
- The notification with the application form and other Annexures are available in Rail Wheel Factory website www.rwf. indianrailways.gov.in. The candidates should carefully read the instructions before filling up application form. Application form-Annexure-I should be printed on a good quality, white A-4 (210 X 297 mm) size paper, ONE SIDE ONLY. The candidates should use the same format as available along with notification in the website.
- The candidate has to fill the required information in his own handwriting using blue ball point pen. The application should be filled either in English or Hindi but not in any other language. Application filled in any language other than English/Hindi and having any deviation from the prescribed format of the application will lead to rejection of application summarily.
- One recent passport size photo (4 cm x 5 cm) preferably not older than 3 months should be affixed on the application form without fail. The photo should clearly reveal the full face and should be taken without wearing and goggles/coloured glasses. Photos should be sharp and clear, with light background, suitable for scanning and printing. Do not put any marks or signature on the front side of the affixed photographed. The photograph should neatly and firmly pasted in the prescribed space, and not stapled or pinned. Photograph should not be attested by anybody including the candidate.
- Candidates are required to sign in English/Hindi at prescribed places provided in the application form.
- While filling up the application, candidates have to ensure that the signatures and two marks of physical identification (e.g a mole on the nose, cut mark on the forehead in the left side or a scar mark below the left arm etc) are clearly given without fail. Candidates should also give Left thumb impression in the application form. If the LTI’s are not clear and are smudged, the application will be liable to be rejected.
The applicant should submit the application in the prescribed format complete in all respects, duly signed and enclosing all the required annexures. Applicant should write on the top of sealed/closed envelope containing the complete application as follows:
“Application against Sports Quota (Open Advertisement) recruitment for the year 2018-19” Candidates should send their applications by post addressed to ‘The Senior Personnel Officer’, Personnel Department, Rail Wheel Factory (Ministry of Railways), Yelahanka, Bangalore-560064, Administrative Building, Contact Number: 080-28072616 Alternatively, candidates can drop their applications directly in Drop Box placed at the office premises located at 2nd Floor, on the address mentioned above. vii) Candidate should clearly indicate the specific sports discipline, event and position applying for as given in para 1. (e.g Hockey (Men),Mid Fielder/Forward).
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidature.
- Candidates are advised to indicate their active mobile number and valid e-mail ID in the application form and keep them active during the entire recruitment process as all important messages will be sent by e-mail/SMS which will be treated as deemed to have been read by the candidate.
- Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable/costly items at the time of trials, as safe-keeping of these items cannot be assured.
- Applications not fulfilling any of the terms and conditions given in this notification shall be summarily rejected.
- Applicant should possess the prescribed minimum educational qualification and sports achievements on the date of submission of application.
- Eligible applicants will be issued with call letters to the address indicated by the candidates in the application, for the sports trials. Rail Wheel Factory will upload the list of eligible candidates in Rail Wheel Factory website www.rwfindianrailways.gov.in for general information and viewing. Individual request for change in dates/venue for trials etc shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
- SC/ST candidates will be eligible for free Rail travel in second class for attending sports trials/interview.
- Candidates may download the recruitment notification and application form available on Rail Wheel Factory web site www.rwfindianrailways.gov.in.
- The decision of RWF Administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, issue of free Rail passes, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of written test/interview/trials, selection, allotment of post to selected candidates etc. will be final and binding on the candidates. Sports persons recruited against sports quota shall be terminated from service, if the information and documents furnished by him for recruitment are found incorrect/fake at any stage, observing requisite procedure for such termination. Further, such candidates are liable for criminal prosecution.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification