Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Chittaranjan Locomotive Works: 18th March, 2019
Employment Notice No.: GMA/E-VII/ Recruitment/Cultural Quota (V):2018-19 Dated- 18/02/2019
CHITTARANJAN LOCOMOTIVE WORKS
P.O:Chittaranjan, Dist.:Paschim Bardhaman
West Bengal PIN-713331
(Closing Date & Time for candidates residing at Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, J&K, Andaman & Nicobar & Lakshadweep Island, Lahaul & Spiti Districts & Pangi Sub-division of Chamba districts of Himachal Pradesh and candidates residing abroad is 25/03/2019 up to 17.30 hrs)
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for recruitment against 01 (ONE) Post under Cultural Quota in Group ‘C’ in Level-2 of Pay Matrix under RS(RP) Rules’2016 at Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, Chittaranjan for the year 2018-19, with the following terms and conditions:-
1.Name of the post- Folk Dancer & Vocalist Cultural Discipline (Male / Female)
No of post- 02
Age as on 01-01-2019
- UR: 18 – 30 Years, OBC: 18 – 33 years, SC/ST: 18 – 35 Years
- Serving railway employees, including casual labours, who have put in three years of continuous service and substitutes who have put in three years of continuous service or three years in broken spells in the Railways. Maximum age UR-40 yrs., OBC-43 yrs., SC/ST-45 yrs.
- Widows / Divorced women and women judicially separated but not re-married. Maximum age UR– 35 yrs., OBC- 38 yrs., SC/ST- 40 yrs.
- Persons with disabilities (PWD): Age relaxation of 10 yrs. In respective communities (subject to production of Disability Certificate to be issued by at least three(03) members committee of a Govt. Hospital)
- The Upper age limit is relaxable for Ex-Servicemen up to the extent of service rendered in Defense forces plus 03 years provided they have put in a minimum of 06 months attested service. Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Govt. Service on civil side after availing of other benefits given to them as ex-servicemen for further employment cannot claim ex-servicemen status for the purpose of this recruitment, such a person will be deemed to be civil employee and will accordingly be entitled to only such of the benefits like relaxation of age, etc. as admissible to Civil Employees, in the normal course in accordance with the existing instructions in this regard subject to his fulfillment of the conditions governing the grant of such benefits.
About Chittaranjan Locomotive Works
Chittaranjan Locomotive Works is a state-owned electric locomotive manufacturer based in India. It is located at Chittaranjan in Asansol with an ancillary unit in Dankuni. It is one of the largest locomotive manufacturers in the world under a single roof. Founded in 1950, the Indian Railways-owned industrial unit is named after the Indian freedom-fighter Chittaranjan Das. The manufacturing unit was established at a place close to the Chittaranjan railway station. The 18.34 km2 (4,530 acres) township, which included the factory, 191 km (119 mi) of roadways, 43 schools, 9131 staff quarters, 8 clinics (including a 190-bed hospital) and 7 markets, was built at a cost of ₹140 million and had a population of over 80,000. The factory commenced the production of steam locomotives on 26 January, 1950 (the date when India formally declared itself a Republic), in collaboration with the North British Locomotive Company. On 1 November, 1950, Indian President Dr. Rajendra Prasad formally dedicated the first steam rail-engine produced by the company (a WG class locomotive bearing the registration number 8401) to the freedom fighter Deshbandhu Chittranjan Das. The name of the nearby railway station Mihijam was also changed to Chittaranjan. Many of the specialized machinery required for steam locomotive manufacture was obtained from the Vulcan Foundry in England, previously a major supplier of locomotives to India, which at this time was moving from building steam locomotives to diesel.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill the application after carefully reading the employment notice.
- Candidates are required to submit the application form in the prescribed format in good quality A-4 size white paper. The application format is given at Annexure-A.
- Application should be filled up by the candidate in his/her own handwriting in English/Hindi using blue/black ball point pen. Applications with typed entries and signature in capital letters will be summarily rejected.
- Applicant should firmly affix on the application one recent (taken within one month) colour passport size photograph (without cap and/or coloured glass) revealing the full face. Applications with hazy, faded, unclear photo will be rejected.
- The applicant should send 02 (two) photographs duly signed on the back of them (without cap and/or coloured glass) with application form and keep at least 05 five photographs also with them for future use.
- Applicant should enclose with the application a set of legible Xerox copies of all certificates, in proof of Educational and Cultural Qualification, age, caste certificate, PH certificates etc duly attested by any Gazetted Officer or self attested.
- All candidates should enclose application fee as explained at Para-6 below without fail.
- Applicant should fill all the columns in the application without fail.
- Applicant should write on the top of the envelope containing the application as follows: “APPLICATION FOR THE POST IN GROUP ‘C’ CATEGORY AGAINST CULTURAL QUOTA (Vocalist) FOR THE YEAR 2018-19”
- Application should reach on or before the closing date and time mentioned at the top of this notification. Railway administration shall not be responsible for any postal delays. Application received after the last date & time would be summarily rejected.
- Serving Government Employees should intimate their employers that they are applying for the post of this notification. However, during the time of personality test/interview, they should produce the ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) from the present employer.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Applicants should possess requisite academic and Cultural qualifications on the date of submission of Application.
(a) The Higher Secondary or equivalent board Certificate in proof of minimum educational qualification/date of birth should be issued by a recognized Board or equivalent.
The Degree/Diploma/Certificate in the relevant cultural discipline notified in Para-3 should be those issued by Govt. recognized institute.
Discrepancies in the particulars given in application/certificates submitted with the application would render the candidate ineligible any time during the selection as well as their applications will be also rejected for such discrepancies.
Schedules of Written Test/Personality Test/Practical Demonstration/Interview etc. would be notified on Chittaranjan Locomotive Works website www.clw.indianrailways.gov.in from time to time. Applicants are advised to visit the website regularly for getting the said information.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification