Table of Contents
Last Date to apply to Southern Railway: 3rd December, 2019
Employment Notice No. RRC/02/2019/S&G
RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CELL
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens, for recruitment n 'Level - 2' & 'Level - 1' Posts, as indicated below, in Southern Railway, against Scouts & Guides quota for the year 2019-20.
1.Name of the Post- Scouts & Guides
No of Post- 2
About Southern Railway
The Southern Railway (abbreviated SR), headquartered at Chennai, is one of the 18 zones of Indian Railways. It is the earliest of the 18 zones of the Indian Railways created in independent India. It was created on 14 April 1951 by merging three state railways, namely, the Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, the South Indian Railway Company, and the Mysore State Railway. The South Indian Railway was originally created in the British colonial times as Great Southern India Railway Co founded in Britain in 1853 and registered in 1859. Its original headquarters was in Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) and was registered as a company in London only in 1890. At present, after re-organization of existing railway zones and creation of new zones undertaken by the Indian Railways between 2002–03, Southern Railway has emerged as the 2nd largest zone after undertaking some gauge conversion projects and creation of new lines.
- The candidates applying in response to this notification shall ensure that he/she fullfils all eligibility conditions at the time of submission of Application.
- Photo: One Passport Size Photograph (not older than One Month) (in Scout / Guide uniform in case applying against Scouts & Guides Quota) should be pasted on the application form, at the space specified.
- Enclosures: Self-attested Photostat Copy of the Certificates in support of Age, Community, Educational Qualifications and Scouting Qualifications, etc. Further, Indian Postal Order / Demand Draft in original or necessary proof for claiming fee exemption, etc. should be enclosed along with the Application Form.
- Certificates in Languages other than English or Hindi should be accompanied by an attested translation in English / Hindi.
- Serving Employee and Staff of Quasi Administrative Offices of Railway Organisations: 'No Objection Certificate' and 'Bonafide Certificate' giving the length of regular service etc. from the employer should be attached.
- Divorced / Judicially Separated Women: Copy of Decree from the competent court of law for having Divorced / Judicially separated along with an Affidavit that she has not remarried since should be enclosed.
- Widow: Death Certificate of her husband together with an Affidavit that she has not remarried since should be enclosed.
- Ex-Servicemen: Discharge certificate should be enclosed.
- Persons with Disability: Disability Certificate issued by Medical Board of the appropriate Government in the prescribed format ('Proforma' is available in the web site) should be enclosed.
- Candidates belonging to Minority Community and Economically Backward Classes shall enclose documentary proof in support of their claim.
Original Certificates/ Documents
- It is the responsibility of the Candidates to produce Original Certificates / Documents at the time of Document Verification, without fail. Failure to produce the Original Certificates/ Documents will result in rejection of the candidature.
- The Candidates' admission at all stages of the recruitment will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- In written Examination, there will be negative marking for wrong answers.
- All the candidates are advised to browse www.rrcmas.in to know their Application status ,i.e. Eligible / Ineligible status when it is uploaded.
- Candidates, if found eligible and not received the Call letters, may contact Railway Recruitment Cell, Chennai.
- The Candidate shall attend the Written Examination / Documents Verification / Interview / Personality Test / Medical Examination at the Date, Time and Venue specified by Railway Administration.
- Any request for change of Date, Time and Venue will not be entertained.
- Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information while filling up the Application Form.
- Candidates shall not bring or attempt to bring any political or other influence to further his/her interest in respect of recruitment. Any such violation, at any stage, will result in disqualification of the Candidature even if the candidate is otherwise eligible.
- Candidates may note that if they are found guilty of any one of the following during / after the recruitment process, his/her Candidature / Appointment is liable to be Cancelled / terminated without any Notice at any stage. Further, such candidates are liable for criminal prosecution.
- Submitting fabricated / forged Certificates or Documents which have been tampered for getting selected or avail free travel facilities.
- Impersonating or procuring impersonation by any person.
- Misbehaving with officials at any point of time during the Recruitment.
Find below all the relevant links related to this employment news / notification.
click above to download
the employment notification