Bhusaval railway station serves Bhusawal in Jalgaon district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The first train in India travelled from Mumbai to Thane on 16 April 1853. By May, 1854, Great Indian Peninsula Railway’s Bombay-Thane line was extended to Kalyan. Bhusaval railway station was set up in 1863. In 1866 the GIPR branch line was extended to Khandwa and in 1867 to Nagpur.Bhusawal is divisional HQ under Central Railways.
Amenities at Bhusaval railway station include: computerized reservation office, subscriber trunk dialling/public call office booth, waiting room, retiring room,vegetarian and non-vegetarian refreshments, and book stall. The northern and southern entrances have separate ticketing windows. There is a free 4 wheeler parking area at the northern entrance. Bhusawal railway station & ST stand are adjacent. Bhusawal railway station enjoys good watering source being on the Tapti River
Bhusawal railway station is amongst the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railway
At least two trains originate at Bhusaval railway station – Gondwana Exp. and Bhusawal Pune Exp – and a number of passenger trains to all directions and 187 trains (including weeklies and bi-weeklies) pass through it and halts.
The loco shed at Bhusaval was established by the Great Indian Peninsula Railway in 1919. At that time it was the largest in Asia and third largest in the world.
Bhusaval electric loco shed has WAM-4, WAP- 4, WAG-5, WAG-7 and WCM-6 locomotives
About Bhusawal :
Bhusawal also spelt as Bhusaval is a city and a municipal council (established in 1882) in Jalgaon district in the state of Maharashtra, India. The total population of Bhusawal is 204,016. The male population of which is 105,164 while female population is 98,852. The literacy rate of Bhusawal is 90.53%. Literacy rate for male and female for Bhusawal stood at 94.94% and 85.89% respectively. Total literates in Bhusawal UA were 165,435 of which males were 88,928 and remaining 76,507 were females
Bhusawal is located on the bank of Tapi river, The Tapti River ancient original name Tapi River is a river in central India. It is one of the major rivers (only the Tapi River along with the Narmada river, and the Mahi River run from east to west) of peninsular India with a length of around 724 kilometres.
- Bhusawal railway station has very good railway connectivity, and is an important divisional headquarters of Central Railway of the Indian Railways. It is on both the Howrah-
- Allahabad-Mumbai line and the Howrah-Nagpur-Mumbai line.
- Bhusawal railway division is one of the five railway division under Central Railway Zone is headquartered at Bhusawal.
- The famous American 1956 movie, Bhowani Junction features a railway station that was modelled on the Bhusawal railway station.
- Bhusawal is a very big junction on Central Railway (The biggest railway station in Maharashtra).Mumbai – Delhi(North/West) & Mumbai-Kolkata (East/West) connections splits at this Junction.
- There is a Zonal Training Center for Railway Staff in Bhusawal. ZTC is the area known popularly.
- P.O.H. & M.O.H. are the two overhauling units work 24 hrs for maintenance of locomotive engines.
- When steam locomotives were used in India, this was a big Steam loco shed for the same and due to river Tapi, the train usually used to stop here to get water and stock for loco
- engines as well as passenger utility.
- A unique ‘#’ crossing (known as diamond crossing) of railway line – which is in 90 degree to each other is seen here first.
- Bhusawal is the nearest such a railway junction to Ajanta (60 km away), where every train has a stop.
- Bhusawal railway yard is one of the biggest yard in Asia. It is second largest yard in Asia.
Some trains are originate and passes through Bhusaval railway station:
11053: Lokmanya Tilak Azamgarh Express
12154: Bhopal Habibganj – Mumbai LTT Super Fast Express
11025: Manmad – Pune Express
11033: Darbhanga Express
11037: Pune – Gorakhpur Express
12103: Pune – Lucknow Express
12143: Mumbai LTT – Sultanpur Express
12147: Nizamuddin Express
12781: Swarna Jayanthi
22131: Gyan Ganga Express
59078: Bhusaval – Surat Passenger
12114: Pune Garib Rath
12136: Nagpur – Pune Express
12849: Bilaspur – Pune Super Fast Express
19417: Ahmedabad Allahabad Express